Wednesday 13 June 2012

REAL HOUSEWIFE OF DARLINGHURST

I'll admit, I am slightly obsessed with the real housewives! Out of all the cities on TV, NYC is my all time-favourite! So tonight I was a typical housewife. No no I didn't let a camera crew follow me around, I cooked hubby dinner.

To be honest, this isn't too uncommon. And it's great because if I cook, he puts on the gloves to clean! I'm pretty lucky! The reason why I'm calling tonight, Real Housewife is, I can't think of a name for this meal.

So here goes!
Ingredients:
  • 2 x chicken breasts
  • 1 cup red quinoa 
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 x garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 x capsicum, chopped
  • 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
  • 1 long red chilli, chopped
  • Juice half lemon
  • Pistachios optional 
  • 10 small brussels sprouts 
  • Olive oil 
  • Sea Salt 
  • Cracked pepper
Marinade for chicken:
  • 2 tbsp olive oil (you can use lemon infused or chilli)
  • 2 x garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp Dukkah
  • 1 tbsp dried parsley
  • 1/2 tbsp Moroccan spices
  • Chilli optional

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven 200 degrees, fan forced. 
  2. For the chicken marinade, put the breasts in a plastic bag, combine all the ingredients and shake up the bag. 
  3. For the brussels sprouts, cut of the bases off. If some are a little bigger than others, cut them in half. Place the cut and washed brussels sprouts in a bag, pour in olive oil (approx 2-3 table spoons), pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper. 
  4. Place brussels sprouts on a lined baking tray. Place chicken in foil roasting tray or baking tray. Place the sprouts and chicken in the oven for approx 30-35. (Check the chicken before serving).
  5. Cook the quinoa (I used red) according to the packet. 
  6. In a large pan, cook the onions and garlic (with a little olive oil), for 3-5 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for a further 4 minutes. Add capsicum and chilli. Stir every few minutes. Squeeze in the lemon juice. 
  7. Once the quinoa is ready - add to the vegetable mix. Add in the nuts. 
  8. Serve the chicken, brussels sprouts and quinoa pilaf. Serves 2 (with leftover for lunch the next day).

Good luck! Need a hand? Comment below. 
Shooz xx

1 comment:

  1. Red quinoa can be purchased at the health food store. Otherwise you can use regular quinoa, most supermarkets will have. xx

    ReplyDelete